Your senior loved one wants to stay in their own home as long as possible. Unfortunately, there comes a point when their condition has deteriorated to the point that home care is no longer possible. If your senior loved one is experiencing these signs and symptoms, it's time to start considering other options.
1. Medical problems are worsening beyond your ability to provide care. Some people are more comfortable providing medical care than others--and even home healthcare options can only provide so much. When your loved one goes beyond your ability to easily provide medical care, it might be time to consider a new care option.
2. Your loved one has developed memory problems that lead to wandering and other issues. If you've been providing your own care, you can't sleep with one eye open forever--nor can you be home every minute.
3. Your loved one is no longer able to handle common activities of daily living. Getting them out of their favorite chair has become incredibly difficult. Perhaps they struggle with normal self-care, especially using the toilet or showering. If so, it might be time to look for a new care option for your loved one.
4. Your loved one can't manage within their own home. The walk to the bathroom is too long, or simply getting to the kitchen is too difficult. Perhaps the house has too many stairs for them to be comfortable or they aren't able to navigate easily through small doorways anymore. When the home is no longer comfortable, home care may no longer be appropriate.
5. You're sacrificing too much of your life in order to provide care. Caring for an aging loved one is admirable, but it's also stressful. If you're sacrificing relationships with your children, spouse, or other loved ones in order to make that care possible, it might be time to consider a new are option
At Caring Senior Service we are always ready to help seniors and their families by providing professional advice and services. As you consider ways to give support to your aging parents or relatives, consider including us in your plans. Contact our care team today!